Monday, June 30, 2008

Great Way to Spend A Weekend

Friday afternoon I left for Atlanta with friends in the ward. Friday evening we went to the temple and they did an endowment session and I did initiatory for 5 of my family file and 2 for another patron. The most important for me was doing my mom's work. I kept imagining her there, dressed in white and smiling.

Afterwards we went to eat at the "Sweet Tomato" and it was delicious! Mostly all you can eat salads but it hit the spot.

Saturday morning we went again and all did endowments. I went through for my Mom and it was a sweet experience. All I have left is to seal her to her parents and my Dad and then I can be sealed to them. Can you imagine the celebration that they were all having? My Mom was the last to "join" them, and to have her work done. It will be nice to have that "link" completed.
(I found a letter that had clues to finding more information on my mom's grandfather and further down the line. I am excited at the possibility of being able to finally get more geneology done on mom's side.)
After the temple, we went to the newly opened Home Storage Center to fill a big order for the ward members. There were 7 of us: 5 of us doing the canning/labeling and 2 organizing and boxing the orders. We filled nearly 500 #10 cans!!! We were there for 6 and a half hours and then set out on the 4 1/2 hour drive home. We were beat but it felt good to accomplish so much. We also decided to limit how much we would can next time so we can get home earlier.

While I was coming back from Atlanta on Saturday, the boys got home from camp, washed clothes and began packing again for EFY week. Today, JaNae and I took the boys to Gainesville, GA for EFY . We left at 5 a.m. and got back at 5:30 p.m. It was nice to have someone with me on the long drive home. Everyone slept on the way up. JaNae spelled me on driving for about 30 minutes so I could close my eyes. She was tired though because she had been up all night working in the E.R. but that little nap refreshed me enough to drive the rest of the trip. When I got home I crashed on the sofa for a couple of hours. Why is driving so tiring? We just sit there in the car...
Anyway, return trip is Friday night & Sat a.m. so it won't be up and back in the same day. I am still trying to see if I can get to the marriage in Atlanta before I pick the boys up. While we are busy doing that, Anna and her siblings and families are going to try to go to the beach. I hope to be able to see them sometime while they are here for a few days.
Tomorrow I have to work but there is so much I'd rather get done. I have to go pick up the pool pump motor first. It died and we had to have it repaired. Bishop is going to hook it back up for us and, I think, put in a new timer for it.
Okay, this old body is signaling I have passed my curfew for the night. Later!

1 comment:

Myhouse4nine said...

Iam glad you got the spiritual and temporal stuff done. How did the boys like their EFY adventure? Mine are there now, no clue how it is...