Wow! I had an awesome Mom's Day weekend. In a nutshell, Jim, Miles, Jotty and I drove four hours to Atlanta where we met Royal and Elizabeth (and family) at the temple and "Little Jim" was blessed in the temple annex. Then we went into the temple and Royal baptized Elizabeth as proxy for my mother and confirmed her at water's edge. Now I can say, "My mom is a member of the church"! It was a special experience. After that we spent a few hours with them and had lunch at the outdoor area of the Cheesecake Factory. It was a beautiful day! At 5:00 pm we said our goodbyes and headed to Augusta to see Anna and her family. We arrived 3 hours later to a steak dinner and a raucus and enthusiastic welcome! A tour of their house and late to bed (there were kids to play with!) and then early rise so that we could be up and ready to travel nearly 30 minutes to their tiny branch. There Kaiya was blessed in sacrament meeting and after church all Moms were treated to a spaghetti dinner. Afterwards, we said more goodbyes and headed for home. Seven hours later we arrived home safe and sound. It was a lot of "car time" and gas (although Jim's car averaged 26 MPG) but such a satisfying trip! Saw the two grandbabies we hadn't seen yet, saw the others we hadn't seen for awhile (boy, they had grown!), Jim got to participate in the two blessings and we finally started my mother's temple work. I so appreciated Elizabeth doing the baptism as I have a hard time doing those now. And they asked her to do 25 other baptisms before she did my Mom; Royal performed 50 baptisms before he did my mom's. You could get a tiny glimpse of eternal families in our weekend...as Miles said to me at one point, "Heavenly Father's plan is flawless!"
I love being a mother and grandmother and am glad that we are fortunate to have grandchildren nearby too. We miss the families that don't live near us and are grateful for the time we got to spend with them.
I will add a few pics soon.
2 comments:
Way cool weekend! That sound like a great whirlwind trip!
hey mom, i need you to e-mail me the pics from staying with us, since i didn't take any. thanks
we had a lovely time having you here and the kids really enjoyed playing with all of you.
Post a Comment