Sunday, May 25, 2008

I was telling Kira aboout this and she said I ought to blog it...
Saturday night when everyone was over to see Ian and Jessica, Cian was having a fun time, especially with his Aunt Jessica. After Kira and family departed for home Janae and Jeremy started to gather their kids to leave. Cian told them he was staying. They told him, no, it was time to go home to bed. Again he quietly and calmly told them he wanted to stay here. Then they explained that Ian and Jessica were going too (the idea being that there wouldn't be a fun Jessica to play with) No. He wanted to stay. Ian and Jessica said their goodbyes and left. JaNae and Jeremy tried to leave again with him " Come on kids, get your shoes on and let's go"
Cian replied, "No, I stay here" They asked, "Are you going to sleep at grandma's tonight?" "Yep" . "Okay, goodbye. Goodnight" And they left. He didn't flinch and seemed satisfied that they weren't asking him to go home again. They had told me they would go return some movies and then come back for him. I told them it didn't matter, if he wanted to stay he could. About 30 minutes later Jeremy came back but Cian still said he wanted to stay the night. Every time he has spent the night before it has been all three kids-never by himself. We were all surprised that it was his initiative and that he stayed with absolutely NO problems. We went to bed after watching "Flushed Away" but He woke up at 6:30 this morning so I was tired. He even sat with me all Sacrament meeting with no problems. He was cooperative the whole time. Kids continue to amaze me. But it was fun to have some time with just him. Brice did cry when he found out Cian was staying so it is his turn next.
Postscript: Sunday, JaNae called to ask if Brice could still stay the night. I said sure. She asked him if he still wanted to spend the night (Amry had a friend over so it might be a tough decision) He said, "Uh, how about Tuesday night?" She asked me if Tuesday was okay, I assured her it was and she told Brice. "Yeah, Tuesday is good" he replied...like he had a full social calendar or something. So funnny!