Friday, June 26, 2009

The Spirit IN St. Louis

Elizabeth and Royal invited me to come to St. Louis last week for a visit and I jumped at the opportunity! Summer pre-school hadn't started yet so I wasn't working. Miles and Jotty were gone, so all I really had to do was re-work arrangements for JaNae's kids (I usually have them). I am so glad I went...I had a GREAT time! It was wonderful to see them again and enjoy their company and it was fun to be with Grace, Sienna, and little Jim. They have grown so much and of course, like ALL our grandchildren, are just too cute!
Since pictures don't do it justice, it was nice to see their home. It's a great place (including a large basement with lots of possibilities) in a nice, established (read: shade trees) neighborhood. I agree with Royal that there are entirely too many squirrels and rabbits running around though. Cute, but not if you want a garden.
Among other activities, I was treated to visits to the awesomely fun Botanical Gardens, the incredibly entertaining Science Museum, and the beautiful St. Louis Temple. I was particularly thrilled about going to the temple as Royal, Elizabeth, and I finally finished some important work. (okay, yes, it is all important but this was special for me). We sealed my parents, grandparents and great-grandparents and some children to parents. But for me, the best part was sealing ME to my parents. Talk about forever families! There is still much to be done, but I am delighted to finally have that particular ordinance done.
I definitely want to go back to St. Louis...maybe with Jim in tow next time-if he can arrange to be off. There are places in his "old stomping grounds" that he'd like to show me-but I've already told him I'll only observe the famous "Arch" from the ground-thank you very much! If you haven't visited St. Louis before...gotta try it. It is a city that has much to offer and is obviously rich in history. I can see why Royal, Elizabeth and Jim (dad) like it. I'm grateful that R & E gave me the opportunity and invitation to get a little "taste" of it...I'm going back for seconds!
About the slideshow: The cylinder thingy that Grace and Sienna are standing on squirts water out when you bounce on it. The water stream that Jim is grabbing for would shoot out of the ground randomly...he kept looking for them to pop up when he was near. None of the kids minded getting wet or water in their face. The tree pictured was a favorite of mine at the Botanical Gardens.

No comments: