Thursday, June 18, 2009

Eagle and Freedom








Well, it's done! We had Jotty's Eagle Court of Honor a week ago. It is exciting to me that ALL SIX of our boys achieved the rank of Eagle Scout. I am proud of all of them. Jotty is working on Eagle Palms and will be awarded his bronze palm in a few weeks. Jotty wanted to make sure we had the court of honor before they got started with all their summer activities. Congratulations Jotty!!

On another note, the week before, we were cleaned the garage and sorted through my "wedding supply shed". I quit doing weddings about a year ago for a few reasons: 1)my arthritis made it hard to do what I needed to do and 2) I didn't have anyone to help me. For example, before, if I couldn't climb up a ladder I always had one of the kids do it. I also had help loading and unloading the van. There was always someone around who could help but they all have their many responsibilities, the boys are "uber" busy and I think, really, I was tired of bridal drama. Sooo, time to get rid of stuff. And then there was the garage...stuffed with stuff I had to either donate, give away or sale. We had a yard sale and then I donated a bunch to goodwill and kept some wedding stuff...just in case (or to sale at a later date). Anyway, so the shed was mostly empty so we put the mower, edger, generator and ladders in. These pics will only mean something to those who have seen my shed and the garage. Think packrat nest or sardine can. What a great feeling to make so much room and get rid of stuff. What a sense of freedom!

3 comments:

Shell said...

Congrats Jotty!!! We are very proud of you. Also, "WOW" on the garage. Jason said "WOW" too. That looks great. Will you come and do my garage now? We miss you all. See you soon.

Freth Stifter said...

UNBELIEVABLE!!

I'm startled, shocked, amazed!

Particularly because I know of the genetic tendency for PackRat-itis that runs in your family. :-)

Doubt this will rub off on your brothers ...

wilkinson family said...

Wow! CONGRATULATIONS!!! jotty on your eagle!!!! I think it's awesome!

WOW!!! on the garage and shed. that was a massive clean up!!! I'm really impressed.