Today is officially the first day of Spring Break. Miles and I started it by not going to bed until almost 4:00 a.m! Prom was last night and I don't go to bed until everyone is home. (I do nap on the couch however) Miles called when the dance was over (midnight) to ask if they could go to Waffle House (yes). Then called again later to ask if they could go to the big city park(no), so they wandered around Walmart for awhile (Really, there is nowhere else to go). When he came home he was jazzed and wanted to talk about his date so we did (good thing I'd had a nap). Diane is the girl he wanted to take to the military ball but she had a date already. He almost decided against going to Prom but now he's so glad he went! Before the dance they went to a Japanese place for dinner with 3 other couples and had a blast! ("Mom, I have got to take you there!")
Meanwhile, earlier in the evening, (after Miles brought Diane over so I could take a picture)Jim, Jotty and I went to Dothan. I dropped Jim off at the stake center for a General Priesthood meeting, then went to Sam's club to pick up a couple of things (Jotty napped in the car), then we drove to the Scout office (on the outskirts of town) for Jotty's Eagle board of review. (I was going to wait in the car but decided to go in and sit. When they called Jotty up they asked if I wanted to go in too since his Scoutmaster couldn't be there...cool experience). When Jotty was done we drove back into Dothan where I droppped Jotty off to catch the last part of the meeting (he missed Jim's talk). Meanwhile, I drove over to Kira's old house and dropped off a few things for her (I don't know where their new place is), then I scrounged around in my purse and found a partially used Visa gift card, (checked the balance) and drove to Checkers to pick up a couple of burgers for us to eat on the way home, went back to the stake center to pick up Jim and Jotty, talked to Jacob in the parking lot for a few minutes, then drove home so Jim could quickly change and leave for work. Whew. It really sort of felt like the "old days" when more kids were home and we were "goin' ninety to nothin" (whatever that means) with all our activities.
Speaking of activity, I don't hear any yet from the boys and there is plenty to do around here before they go to a stake dance tonight. We'll see if I have enough energy to get anything accomplished today.
5 comments:
that is so cool about miles going to prom. man, i just can't believe he's old enough. i loved the pic of them both, they looked so nice.
congrats to jotty for getting his review board for eagle done. so when does he get his eagle. i think it's cool that you got to go into that interview with him.
love you all.
aw mom stop with the puns!
of course the ramblings of an unsound mind is right on target! lol
snicker..blue knight and fair maiden!
i get it, knight and maiden.
Ya. good luck with all that mom/grandma !!
Miles' date -- Cute girl.
Post a Comment