A good bit of Easter break was spent in the Enterprise Ward "cannery". Once again our ward borrowed a small dry pack canner from the Tucker Food Storage center in Atlanta. Our R.S. Provident Living sister, her husband and two others took a truck and trailer up there and brought back 1152 cans (3 pallets) and about 2,000 lbs of bulk food (according to the orders from ward members) and on Monday-Miles, Jotty, Jim and I helped set up the temporary assembly line, can our little bit of stuff and help others with whatever they were doing...ward members did nearly 500 cans of food Monday! Tuesday, the boys and I went back and helped again and on Saturday, I went back and helped with the last of it. There is only 150 cans left for people to use up this next week. We need to continue to add to ours, but for the first time I feel confident in our food storage and feel that we are being obedient to the counsel of the prophets. Not only that, but it is finally organized too! We enjoyed the work!
Easter Sunday, Miles was finally awarded his Duty to God (coin?/medal?). We're pleased that he was able to complete both that and his Eagle. Now his mission is on the horizon...right behind the school play, graduation, working at Scout camp, Youth Conference, and EFY. With the exception of graduation, Jotty has the same activities and then he's a senior?? Yikes!
This last weekend, Jotty went to Staff Weekend at the Scout camp and Miles had his last drill competition. Jotty's weekend was blessedly uneventful for the most part. For Miles, his last year on the drill team ended well: The team got a couple of 1st and 2nd places and 1st place overall AND Miles and a teammate got 1st place in a dual exhibition! Miles had wanted to do one all year but MSG wouldn't let him until this last competition as he didn't want Miles distracted from his commander responsibilities. Most commanders don't participate in individuals or duals. Anyway, Miles has reason to be happy with this last competition.
Remember that pile of mending? Well, I am almost done with it, though I am beginning to think some nasty gremlin sneaks in at night and puts yet another thing on the pile, as it has taken forever to whittle it down. What I really dislike is the mending item that sits there on the heap and says "yep, you don't remember what you were gonna do to me eh? yea, well, you're gonna have to search 'cuz I'm NOT tellin' you". Then I have to remember who it belongs to as well. See? This doesn't happen to procrastinators...let that be a lesson to you. I also got Mary Ann's Easter dress done(only 2 years late). Now to catch up on other "projects" (haha) but FIRST I really need to reorganize the sewing room...if I can maintain the energy. Being off work this last week was awesome and I really hate to go back. I DO want to finish stuff that's been nagging me. See, I have forty plus years of photographs that are NOT, in the least bit, organized. Just the thought of all that work sends me comatose but it HAS to be done. And whaddya bet somewhere there's another little gremlin waiting for a chance to create more work? No offense to all you good gremlins out there, it's just that some of you can't be trusted.Goodnight to all.
3 comments:
Congrats on Miles and the team doing so well !! That's fantastic!
We have started scanning our photos and putting them on the hard drive...next I have to go back and figure out how to label them all..not fun...of course all that is kind of on hold since Maddie moved in..she is rather exausting..like Shannon was..the energizer bunny !!!
Good luck with all that !! I can't believe the boys are that old already !!It is good to have over achievers !!
lol, wow! i didn't realize the boys had so much going on. that's fantastic!!!
go miles!!! yeah for getting the Duty to God! it's great he got to do a dual finally and congrats on the team doing well!
i know about mending piles, i have 2 plastic containers of mending and 1/2 finished projects. so i'm just going to keep on ignoring them.
don't envy you and the pics though.
Post a Comment