Saturday, March 14, 2009

I love a good sale!

In December, just down the street from us,they built a Dollar General store. It's nice and convenient...especially if you just need one or two grocery items. So, I went to Dollar General the other day to check for one thing and thought I'd check the clothes because I was sure I saw a clearance sign. Sure enough, a portion of the clothes were marked 70% off. Great! I bought two white dress shirts (for Miles and Jotty) for $2.40 apiece and a couple of "Fisher-Price" baby outfits for the same price(we're having a baby boom at church). Can't get them from the thrift shop that cheap!
The next day I thought "Duh! I ought to get more shirts for Miles, 'cause he'll need them for his mission and I can't beat the price."
I went back and guess what? I COULD beat the price! The sale rack was marked down to 90% off! I ended up getting all the shirts he'll need for .80 cents each! I also got him two pair of jeans at 1.20 each. Yeah, I got more baby outfits too at .80 cents and 1.20 each.
Now, if I could only find suits for Miles at that kind of markdown...

3 comments:

Myhouse4nine said...

That is a fabulous sale! great job!

sleepless said...

Were you blessed or what ?? UNREAL

wilkinson family said...

too cool!