How y'all doin'? Sorry it's been a while, I didn't write mainly because I already had Mom telling about all the stuff that happened ...
Anyways, so yeah in January, Miles and I went to the Military Ball with the girls of our choice. At first I really didn't think that Katie would want to go because from June of last year up to the Ball, she had been taking some meds for her ADD that really changed her, by that I mean that she ignored me a lot and was kinda annoyed that I wanted to be around her. Mom and Miles eventually convinced me to just email and ask her, and her answer surprised me (she said yes with 12 exclamation points). She really liked the Ball because the one in Eufala (where she lives) was nothing compared to ours (while we were in a fancy ballroom with expensive utensils and what-not, they were in a concrete-floored gym with paper plates and sporks). And just recently something happened that took her off of the meds so she's back to the way she was before. When I went up to Ohio, as we were coming back, we had a lot of time to just run around and do whatever, so as I was going around I passed a boutique and something caught my eye, it was a beautiful necklace with a heart that had some shiny stones on it and earrings to match. I just stood there staring at it for who-knows-how-long. Finally my coach and his wife passed by and she noticed what I was looking at and asked me if I had gotten anything for my girlfriend for Valentines Day. I've never cared much for Valentines Day, but I realized that her birthday was March 14, not too far away, and I didn't have a present for her. I bought the necklace for $10, interesting, huh? So just recently I went to her sweet sixteen party (she invited me as soon as I got back from Ohio) and when she opened my present, it took her breath away. Yeah, she was happy, and I was happy because she was happy.
So, on to Rifle Team. Right now I am tied for second best shooter on the team (the best one is a senior, so is the one I am tied with ... and the one that I shoot better than) I can't wait for coach to appoint the next Rifle Team Commander. The way I figure it is this:
There are six juniors on the team; Whitney Chancelor, Andrea Gee, Shaun Crosby, Chase Carter, Jonathan Roberts, and myself. I know that he won't choose Whitney because this is her first year and he has already discussed her problems (not really complaining, more like informing because she does have a lot of problems with her health). Shaun ... well, he's already gotten in a lot of trouble with Coach, and everyone knows that he's just incapable of holding any kind of responsibility. Chase has already told everyone that he doesn't want to be Commander. Andrea isn't at practice a lot, and Coach doesn't like that. That just leaves Jon and me. Jon and I are almost exactly alike in how we think the team should be run, how responsible we are, how capable we are, etc., etc., and so forth. The only difference between Jon and I is that I am more outgoing and social than he is. I also have a good relationship with the entire team; I try to lead, be a friend, and I try to help everybody when they are down and keep everybody up. Coach and I also have a good relationship going, not as in, like, I slip some money under the table or something, we just talk a lot about what the team needs to do, and I'm pretty sure that he sees things the way that I do and that I am probably the best candidate for Commander. I think everyone else would support me as Commander, as far as I know.
Well, I think this is the longest post I have ever done, wish me luck everyone!
This is Hawkeye, signing out.
Oh, yeah, and I forgot to mention that I almost have my Eagle, I just need MILES to sign up for environmental science merit badge counselor, sign off the rest of the requirements, and then I need my board of review and everything.
2 comments:
guns and roses (snicker) i love it.
wow!! i loved hearing so much from you. that was so sweet about the necklace for katy. you are a sweet guy.
congrats on doing so well (ranking) on your team and i hope you get the commander position or atleast support whoever does if you don't. love you bunches.
oops so i read the wrong title with the post. please forgive your absentminded sister
Post a Comment