Monday, November 24, 2008

And now for some Thanksgiving Trivia! No peeking at the answers (found at the end of the blog). I had 5 correct answers.

1. In what year was the first Thanksgiving celebrated?
A. 1493 B. 1621 C.1778 D. 1622
2. Which native people celebrated the first Thanksgiving with the Pilgrims?
A. The Wampanoag B. The Iroquois C. The Sioux D. The Choctaw
3. How fast can a wild turkey fly over a short distance?
A. 35 mph B.15 mph C. 55 mph D. 22 mph
4. What is the name for the skin that hangs from a turkey's neck?
A. Snark B. Wattle C. Swag D. Garble
5. What sound does a turkey make to communicate danger is near?
A. Gobble gobble B. Turk turk turk C. Putt D. Clack clack
6. About how many feathers does a mature turkey have?
A. 3,500 B. 2,000 C. 5,000 D. 1,500

We are going to have a small T-day as Kira & family are going to Anna's and Jacob's family always goes to her Mom's. JaNae WAS going to go to Anna's too but plans changed so they will still come over. We are going to do it VERY small and I'm happy about that. Seems we go to all this trouble, have an overabundance of food and the turkey is the least of the things stuffed! Friday we are going to start wrapping gifts so I can make sure I am not leaving any of the kids or grandkids out (not counting me there is 37) and so I can get packages in the mail sooner this year. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, I will get Christmas cards done earlier and get the gifts made for VT and HT families etc. Well, I can dream....

Miles' Eagle Court of Honor was going to be the last week of Dec but Jason and Michelle will be here the second week of January so we'll wait until then so both Jason and Jacob can sit in the "Eagle's nest". Maybe we can get Ian to come up too? We'll see.

Jotty was qualifying last week for the National rifle team competition in Ohio. He'll find out next week if he made the cut. Right now he is ranked 7th in the local "conference" of 7 or 8 schools.
Miles' drill team got 1st place in the two competitions they've had so far. One was 1st place overall and the other was 1st place in demilitarized drill category but 2nd place overall.

It has been getting colder here and that makes my arthritis flare up...however...it does put me in the Christmas mood! (yes, I know, we don't have to shovel snow or live with the cold for 6 months).
Well, until next post!
Here are the answers to the T-day trivia. How'd you do?
1)B, 2) A, 3) C, 4) B, 5) C, 6) A

2 comments:

sleepless said...

Okay..so I know my wattle..not much else !! Good luck with all those great plans !!

wilkinson family said...

ok so i know 2 out of 6. i missed the 1st one by a year. got Wampanoag and wattle and that was it.