I got the chance to go to a session of EFY at Gainesville GA. It was AMAZING!!! I met so many people, had so much fun, and REALLY felt the Spirit.
When we got there on Monday, we unpacked into our rooms, and met the guys in our company. Our male counselor, Paul, was a really cool guy. Then we went and met the girls in our group. The female counselor, Leinani, was also really cool. Overall, my group was fantastic. We all got along very quickly. Not only that, but we all started to act like friends that we had known for year, when really I had never met any of these people in my life. The next 2 days we went to classes. I really liked how we could choose the classes we went to. We had a dance on Tuesday and Games Night on Wednesday (a.k.a Pizza Night).
On Thursday, we had a Variety Show. Every performance was great. I brought my practice rifle and a set of BDUs (camoflouge uniform) and did my individual that I performed at Daytona. A lot of people liked it. I got a standing ovation (as well as everyone). If you want to see it, go to my facebook and look at my videos. Brianna, a girl from my group, got the first minute of it. I personally think that my performance was not that good, but everyone else said that it was "sick" ( that means that it was good). At the end of the day we had a Musical Program and a fireside. Then we had a testimony meeting. I had felt the Spirit all week because of the outstanding youth that I was around. But during the Musical Program, that fireside, and the testimony meeting, I felt the Spirit even stronger. As I bore my testimony, I mentioned that I knew that there were other good youth around the world, but that I had never really seen it until now. There were people from around the U.S., and one from the UK. It was a wonderful feeling that even rivaled the time that I went to Navoo (and that was unbelievable).
On Friday, we split up the Young Men and Young Women, and went to our YM/YW activites. The Young Men went and discussed The Living Christ (the testimony of the apostles). Then we discussed how Christ affected our lives personally. After lunch, we had a service project; knitting hats for infants in colder regions. I did absolutely NOTHING!! The girl I was with said that she liked doing this kind of thing. I offered to help several times, but she just said something like, "Hold this." The last thing we had that day was a dance. After the dance, we had a slide show of photos taken during the session. After the slide show, me and the guys in our group escorted our girls back to their rooms. We gave them all hugs, and told them good night. When they went inside, I told the guys that we should sing to them. I suggested God Be With You Til We Meet Again. All the girls came to the window of one of their rooms. After the singing (which definitely was not our best) they came out and hugged us again. Before we went to bed, we had a night time devotional (like we did every night and morning). Then we went to bed.
To sum this all up, I will never regret going to this one bit. I met so many good people, and my testimony was strengthened so much. I'm definitely going back again next year. And when I get back from my mission, I'm going to be a counselor. I also got a TON of contacts form people that I met. I'm very grateful for the Internet (the good part of it anyway) and how it lets us stay in contact with each other. As for now though, Ahm Outta Heah!
No comments:
Post a Comment