Wow! Today our "baby" turned 16!!! It is so hard to believe that Jotty was born that long ago. We had a small "party" with Miles, Jim and I with a real small cake too. Jim cooked Jotty's request of Mac and Cheese while Miles and I went shopping for Jotty's gift. I think Jotty requested mac and cheese because he loves it (duh...he loves cheese) and because we hardly ever have it anymore since we've been cutting back on carbs. We don't do taters or rice much either.
So, Jotty enjoyed his gift and our home teacher came over to home teach and brought a card for him. JaNae came over with fresh baked cookies for him AND his "special friend" Katie Jeffrey called and they talked for 2 hours!!! They hardly ever talk so he was delighted to be able to so. She is really a sweet girl and Pres Carroll (2nd counselor in Stake Presidency) even said that he's glad that Jotty realizes what a gem she is.
Anyway, it seems we are REALLY on the road to "empty nest" with Jotty turning 16. Somehow that just underscores it. Neither boy is licensed yet because we don't have the extra insurance money in the budget but they aren't chomping at the bit either. With the exception of getting up early, I rather like spending the travel time with them--going to seminary, school, church ,etc. Sometimes we listen to talk radio, often we discuss various things or even plan stuff...it's good "talk time" with them.
At any rate, lest you think otherwise, I am not fooled into thinking this nest will ever really be empty. We've too big a brood for that, they'll keep coming home with their kids and that will be fine with me! I just love my family!!!!
3 comments:
*ahem* Just a little note that Katie is more than just a "special friend", I do believe that since I am 16 I can (and will) call her my girlfriend. I couldn't do that before because I was 15, not the dating age, and being boyfriend and girlfriend is considered dating, but now I can date, so now I can say it, so, haha, I said it, lol.
Hey Hawkeye, happy belated birthday! You old man you!
lol!! jotty you crack me up and i admire you for staying friends until you could date. sorry i missed calling you, but HAPY BELATED BIRTHDAY anyway. i love you!
Post a Comment