I just can't figure out why I can't keep this blog going. And it isn't because I'm on Facebook...because I don't go on Facebook. Pretty much, I am sure it will suck up even more time up than I already use on the computer. I see how long my kids/friends spend on it and know I will be worse. If someone can convince me of the value of it then maybe I will try it out. Even if no one reads it I ought to be able to keep it up-just for my own sake. Ah well.
By the way, lucky for some of you; no clear winner for the clutter question...because no wants my junk - even if it IS a reward. As it is, I just may be the winner as I am letting go of stuff more and more. Some of it is laziness...how hard is it to list something on Craig's list or ebay anyway? You would think that it takes all day the way I drag my feet about it. I finally listed the fussball table we inherited on Craiglist and NO ONE WANTED IT!! As it is, I think Jacob is going to put it in his in-laws basement.
JaNae and I made a quick trip up to St. Louis the last weekend of September. Some of you may have heard, so to make a long story short: Royal's oldest daughter, Grace, had a bike accident(no car involved). It was the first and only time she's not worn her helmet and she had a depressed skull fracture and some road rash. We went up just in case they might need us. Royal was in the Netherlands at the time and he came home too. Just the thought of brain surgery is scary! I wanted to be there - instead of wishing I had gone up. She went through surgery fine - came out with a 3 1/2 inch scar and a titanium plate.
She is a very blessed little girl! Many thanks to those who were praying for her. The plus is that we had a nice visit and I got to see our youngest grandchild, Mae, for the first time. Jim, Jotty and I will be going up in November for Grace's baptism.
This last week we have been trying to do all the smaller odd jobs around here and manicure the yard for an appraisal. Since we now pay over $700 a month for health care benefits, we have to cut costs somewhere - the budget just can't take it. So we want to re-finance the balance of our mortgage at 3.25%. BUT- the house has to appraise for enough. AND, of course, we have let little stuff go, so now we are playing catch-up. What fun! Jacob came over Saturday morning to help with the yard and JaNae has been helping inside. It's nice that some of the kids still live close enough to help. What we can't afford to do is get siding on the house or replace that ugly back fence. Not sure if we can paint the house or not. Time will tell (and someone who doesn't mind heights).
Next post: after the appraisal
1 comment:
hey i read this!!! i am waiting to see pics of the finished product.
Post a Comment