Yep, we had a snow day from school(Friday)! I think that's a first! We had snow years ago when Jotty was just a baby-but I think it was over a holiday. At any rate,fast- forward to his senior year and we have a snow day.
It was falling pretty fast earlier this morning. Then it stopped. Then started again, then rained, then started up and continued on for a few hours. It looks like we actually got the 4 inches they predicted. It has stopped now and I haven't heard if we'll get more. It's rather slushy and the outside temp doesn't feel cold enough to let it stay long. But hey, what do I remember about snow? I don't even recall getting much in Germany but I'm sure we did.
So, instead of a 3 day weekend-we have a 4 day weekend. Don't mind that a bit!
Jotty's girlfriend came over and they built this "snow dude" and I gave him a heart. Yes, he's missing a mouth...guess he's "mum" on the subject.
The dog didn't care much for it at all. Went out, did his thing and came right back in with, I swear, a puzzled look on his face.
Went to Walmart to get my meds and I saw more people I know than I ever did before on a Walmart run. Everyone seemed to be out and about. For us down here, having snow is fun and exciting so we have to do something. It will all melt before we can get tired of it.
Day 2- Saturday
Most of the snow stayed all night but by this afternoon it all melted except on those rooftops that faced North/Northeast. Well, it was fun and different. It was so odd to see the city NOT looking quite like itself. The last snow was in '93, but the last time it snowed like this was '73. Jotty read an article that said 49 of the 50 states got snow yesterday.
1 comment:
Hey Aunt Jan, did you get the bows I sent you?
Post a Comment