Haven't blogged much because... well, just because
Getting Miles' stuff together for his mission, getting one illness or pain one right after another. (I mean really- flu, bronchitis, pinched sciatic nerve, sinus infection, vertigo...) back to work for the new school year, watching Nae's kids after school, taking Miles to B'ham temple for his endowment (always a great experience) and then junk, junk, and more junk.
Jotty is anxious for Miles to leave for only one reason-we will be able to insure him to drive when Miles is off of the insurance. Other than that-he's going to be lonely I think. Miles is his best friend. I'm going to miss the conversation...Jotty just doesn't talk as much (which can make for l-o-n-g car rides...even if it just the 40 minutes to Dothan).
The other day we were all over the place in Dothan...waiting nearly 2 hours in the county health dept for Miles to get his meningitis shot. ( They were the only place that had it...and for $113.00!!Not covered by insurance) Yes, even though he had meningitis at 3 mos---he still needed the vaccination. We also went to Sam's Club to pick up a few things, then visited Kira and the kids (they are too funny) then on our way home I remembered we still needed to get a copy of Miles' driving record. A hour and $5.50 later, he had a blank sheet of paper with the proper signatures and stamps that basically said he had no citations or accidents ---you know-clean driving record. He still needs to get a flu shot. Guess we'll go to Walgreens....
On other news it is darn chilly today, with breezes. Thursday we were wearing shorts and Tshirts and today I dragged out my jeans and tossed on a light jacket. Wonder what my plants will make of this drastic change? The poor gardenia has blossomed numerous times this last year. Just when I think it is done (all the old blossoms off, only greenery for awhile) here come new blossoms. I don't know if the mowing Jotty did this week was the last until spring...never know if this is a fluke and it'll warm up again or not. I am sure Jotty hopes so. Miles helped me weed the flower garden this a.m.---took a break from working on his talk for sacrament meeting tomorrow. Miles has been working for a landscaper this last month and a half. He comes home filthy dirty every day...yes, red clay in new garments. NOTHING has taken it out. I welcome any suggestions. Aaarrrggghhhh! Well, it's only 3 pairs and he's delegated those 3 to being the only ones for work.
My brother Mark called a few days ago to tell me that our brother Jotty has had renal failure. They gave him dialysis Friday. He has had urinary/prostate problems for the last year but doesn't go to MDs. He prefers to use herbs to heal everything. He did finally try Mark's "flomax" as opposed to continuing to self-catheterize. Then he got a prescription for it but didn't stay on it... as he "hates to support the big corporate pharmecutical companies". Consequently, he now has a leak or tear in his bladder and his kidneys have quit. His Dr said that he does not see Jotty's kidney function returning. Jotty is of the opinion that all doctors are only in it for themselves and that the herbal remedies will take care of everything as soon as he is out of the hospital. He also thinks the socialized medicine of Canada is great. So now, am I looking at outliving the health-nut of the family? (by the way-according to him-- marijuana is an herb).
Speaking of things that probably aren't good for you...I have a new addiction. Well, we ALL like it.... Tostito brand, Creamy Southwestern Ranch dip. Chip aisle-Walmart. I bought it on a whim when I bought tort chips for a road trip(to the temple). Now, I rarely buy prepared dips and I am not real adventurous when it comes to new food in jars or cans(fresh is a different matter)But, oh my goodness...this dip is de-lish!

See that empty jar? It's time to go to the store! Adios!
See that empty jar? It's time to go to the store! Adios!
7 comments:
More than 2 people read your blog, I am sure! :-) Happy day Aunt Jan!
Hello ...you need number lessons !! Maybe my daughter and I are your 2 though ?? You are one busy woman...sorry about your stubborn Bro. !!
Hey JAN I am pretty sure I gave away small boo ghosts that looked just like your design a couple of years ago...
My goodness Jotty must have had way too much of the Mj Herb if he thinks life is totally going to be better once he is home again...sorry he isn't doing well.
(Jotty J) - Life isn't always what you think it is ...
Has he figured out what herbs to take for total renal failure? ... or just MJ to cover the pain until his body comes to a screeching halt.
He HAS the prerogative to dance to his own drummer ... but may be a bit dismayed on the other side. Oh well.
Enough of my opinions about him.
Sounds like you've discovered the main conversational topics of "older" people -- health issues and bodily functions. :-)
Hah! Does this means you are feeling better? I hope so. Change is once again drawing nigh ... :-p Your children think you are OLD. heh. heh. :-))
ok. They think I am OLD too ... :)
Indeed proof of more than 2 readers, we were just waiting anxiously for an update!
Your ghost and witch are super cute.
I recommend trying Baby Oxiclean, it's actually different (in my opinion better) than regular oxiclean. They sell it at Target, and I don't know where else, but I know not Walmart. Mix 4 scoops per 1 gallon of water and let the items soak overnight. It's worked on almost everything so far. . .
See? There are more thank two people that read your blog. :) you need to blog more often...
Post a Comment