Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Girl


Yep, that's me girl. The first time I heard the name, Freya, it was the name of a character on a Final Fantasy game. The next time I heard it, it was the name of a song by The Sword. The other occasion was at EFY, when I met a female counselor with the name. After I named my iguana, Dad told me that it was the name of a major goddess in Norse mythology; the goddess of beauty and love.

As Mom said earlier, she is extremely sweet. She's does, however, squirm when she gets nervous. She's also gotten more active since I let her wander around a little bit (under careful supervision of course). She also gets along with the other pets, to the point of sharing her bath with the turtle (pic). Our cat, Keeter, has touched and sniffed Freya. (On a side note, Keeter is ENTHRALLED by the lizard. Ever since I put Freya in my room, Keeter has been there, as if she's is guarding the lizard.)

As far as likes and dislikes go, we've found that she enjoys her baths. Iguanas are very good swimmers too. After her bath, I can get her to sit still for about an hour by wrapping her in a towel and rubbing her head and neck. She also LOVES bread. I can get her to eat it out of my hand. Unfortunately, she doesn't eat as much greens, which is what she needs to eat.

Overall, I'm very happy that we have her in the family. Hopefully, she'll be around for a while and I'll continue to be able to take good care of her. Ahm Outta Heah!

2 comments:

wilkinson family said...

wow! miles, she looks bigger than any of our other lizards. i love how the turtle uses her as a log, too funny.
yeah, i knew that freya was a norse god/goddess, but only because i loved reading mythology as a teen.
too funny about keeter and freya.

love ya!

JenPen said...

Thanks Aunt Jan for the comment... the pictures did turn out great! Actually my Dad and I took them, so it was a lot of fun.

Keep in Touch!

jen